TVC N. Alhaji Lai Mohammed has reacted to reports suggesting that he said Nigeria’s Federal government is at a loss over who will sign the 2017 budget. The minister of information claims he never made such a statement. He said his earlier statement on the budget issue was miss interpreted. The minister made the clarification via a press statement by his aide, Segun Adeyemi. Mohammed maintained that detractors of the government are cooking up malicious misrepresentations.
He noted that what transpired at the post-Federal Executive Council Meeting press briefing earlier on Wednesday, May 17, has been taken out of contest. Lai Mohammed said that when he was asked a question relating to the signing of the 2017 Budget, his response was: “When it is transmitted to the Presidency, the issue will be addressed.” He further stressed that “anything beyond that response amounts to deliberate mischief and should be ignored.”