Home News 59 victims of Benue attacks to get mass burial Thursday
59 victims of Benue attacks to get mass burial Thursday
0

59 victims of Benue attacks to get mass burial Thursday

0
0

The Benue State Government has concluded arrangement to give a mass burial on Thursday, to the 59 victims of the New Year and Saturday attack on some communities by Fulani herdsmen.

Ortom had declared that three days mourning would be declared in preparation for the mass burial.

The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Terver Akase, explained that there would be a memorial service for them by 10am on Thursday at the IBB Square, Makurdi.

Akase said that the 10 persons killed on Saturday would be buried along with the 49 victims deposited at various mortuaries in the state.

He added that the state government considered the deceased as heroes of the state who died for the safety of Benue.

Meanwhile, the state Police Command spokesman, ASP Moses Yamu, said that more policemen had been deployed in the troubled areas, particularly, Logo, where more attack was recorded on Saturday.

LEAVE YOUR COMMENT

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *