More than 50 Indonesians have died and many have been become sick and hospitalised, almost one week after consuming home-made alcohol tainted with various ingredients including mosquito repellent.
Authorities said on Tuesday that the death toll reached 41 in Bandung area where the maker and seller of the liquor had been detained. Police have also detained at least 12 men in the capital, Jakarta.
It was not clear if the victims had been poisoned by the formation of deadly methanol in the drink, or by an ingredient, one of which was known to be insect repellent.
Deaths from such consumption are reported frequently, but the latest toll is among the highest in recent years.
In 2016, 36 people died after drinking locally made liquor.